training allows the engineer to work on a broad range of projects
by applying the skills of research and self-training. The projects
listed below demonstrate this kind of diversity."
- Developed and designed the first all-electronic switch-hook full-feature
telephone for Plantronics Corporation.
- Designed a programmable Gen-lock video system, with time-base correction,
for Silicon Graphics (SGI) that could be programmed for any type of
video standard. This system was documented in a SMPTE Journal article.
- Designed a discrete broadcast-quality NTSC/PAL video encoder daughtercard
for Silicon Graphics (SGI).
- For my own company, Sanders Media Adventures, Inc., I created a broad
line of delay-equalized, thick-film hybrid video filters for Consumer
through Broadcast applications.
- Pioneered a bypassable noise filter system for improving the noise
and distortion characteristics of data acquisition products for Celerity
Systems (now a division of L-3 Communications).
- Developed a back-end amplifier, electronic switch, and attenuator
board with 48dB maximum gain and 64dB of attenuation with a frequency
response of +-0.5dB and a phase response of +-1.0 degree from 20 MHz
to 500 MHz (with no adjustments).